An operating tax levy is a levy for learning. It helps fund day-to-day operations within our schools, which may include teachers, classroom supplies, paraprofessional classroom support, science kits and other instructional materials, utility bills, building custodians, and central office functions such as staff development, assessment, payroll, and student registration.
Prop I will increase revenue by approximately $1.4 million, allowing the district to:
- Retain its current number of teachers,
- Protect programs and class sizes,
- Eliminate deficit spending,
- Protect transportation to and from school, and
- Secure property values for district residents.