RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR STUDENT BUS RIDERS
For the safety of school bus passengers, the following transportation regulations and procedures are established. School officials ask that parents of students riding buses to review these procedures and regulations and help their children to “think safety.”
1. Arrive at your bus stop five (5) minutes before scheduled arrival. Buses cannot wait for riders.
2. Approach bus stops carefully. Observe all traffic rules.
3. While waiting for the bus, be considerate of nearby homeowners’ property.
4. Always wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before getting on or off the bus.
5. Follow the directions of the driver at all times.
6. Don’t distract the driver in any way.
7. Always remain seated while the bus is in motion.
8. Never put arms or heads outside the bus windows.
9. Use the emergency door only in an emergency.
10. Smoking will not be allowed on the bus at any time.
11. Throw away your trash before boarding the bus, or use the container provided on the bus.
12. Pets or animals are not allowed on the bus.
13. Treat the bus equipment with respect.
14. Students who need to cross the road after leaving a school bus must cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus and cannot cross more than 2 lanes of traffic.
15. Eating and/or drinking on the bus is not allowed.
Riding the school bus is a privilege which can be revoked for failure to observe the rules as outlined.
If a student fails to follow the regulations established for safe conduct of all passengers on the bus, the student will be referred to the building level administrator for appropriate disciplinary action.
A student who vandalizes a school bus will be denied transportation privileges for a period of not less than one day nor more than a semester depending on the offense. In any case, the student will not be permitted to ride the bus until further restitution for damages is made.