UPDATE 12:55 PM: Two updates to the sports schedule:
- Cross Country will begin at 8 am (instead of 9 am) on Saturday, Sept. 16
- Football has been rescheduled to be played at Jennings on Monday, Sept. 18 at 5 pm
In light of the Jason Stockley trial verdict today, after-school activities and evening activities have been canceled. Please note:
- After school Cougar Care will run until 6 pm as scheduled.
- Affton High School football versus Jennings has been canceled, and will be rescheduled.
Also note, at this time, the following athletic events will be played as scheduled:
- Boys Swimming at Oakville
- Girls Softball versus Parkway North at Affton
- Girls Volleyball versus Fox at Affton
- Cross Country at Affton on Saturday, Sept. 16
I want to reassure you that the physical and emotional safety of our students, staff and community remains our top priority. We have been regularly monitoring this situation, working with our School Resource Officers and the St. Louis County Police, as well as communicating with leaders in other school districts and the VICC program in order to be prepared for whatever occurs.
Thanks for all you do to help keep our community safe and #afftonstrong. We will keep our website and social media updated as we have new information to share.