Registration for the Affton School District’s 2017-2018 Kindergarten program will be held at Mesnier Primary School, 6930 Weber Road, in the office on Wed., Feb. 15 and Thurs., Feb. 16 from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Appointments may be made for parents and guardians to complete the registration process while their child completes a kindergarten screening on Feb. 15 and 16. Appointments may be made beginning on Jan. 9 by calling Mesnier Primary at 314/849-5566.
Should the incoming kindergartner not be available at the time of registration, parents and guardians will have the opportunity at registration to schedule a time for a kindergarten screening for their child. Screenings will be held at Mesnier Primary School on March 30 from 8:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Registration forms may be found by clicking here. All Affton Kindergarten classes are full-day and offered at no cost.
Children of Affton School District residents may be enrolled if the child will have reached the age of five (5) years on or before July 31, 2017.
At the time of registration the applicant is asked to bring:
- Child’s birth certificate issued by Bureau of Vital Statistics (not a hospital or baptismal certificate), passport or I-94 card
- Proof of residence (current real estate tax, contract on house, lease agreement on an apartment or house, current personal property tax, or most recent income tax return)
- Child’s immunization record
- Custody papers and, in cases of parental divorce, a complete copy of the dissolution decree that stipulates custody
- IEP and evaluation, if the student is receiving Special Education Services
The parent or guardian must bring the proof of residence and official birth certificate or the child CANNOT be registered.
Missouri state law requires students to have all immunizations before they may be allowed to start school in August. A child’s enrollment will not be complete until the school nurse has received a record of all required immunizations.
For questions or additional information, please call 314/849-5566.