It is the season of giving, and to help reinforce in our students the lifelong lesson of helping others, each Affton school has partnered with an organization in the community and is holding a charity drive. From food to toys to toiletry items and more, Affton students are giving back to the community.
- Affton Early Childhood collected clothing, toiletries and nonperishable foods for ALIVE (Alternatives to Living in Violent Environments)
- Mesnier Primary School is collecting canned goods for the Affton Christian Food Pantry, with a challenge for boys versus girls; to date, the boys are winning with 809 cans to the girls’ 800
- Gotsch Intermediate School has collected over 60 boxes of canned goods, toiletry items, and toys — a total of 1,232 items — for the Affton Elks
- Rogers Middle School students collected 1,391 toys for the St. Louis Crisis Nursery and Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center as part of their service-based learning group
- Affton High School‘s DECA club hosted a fundraiser for the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) and raised a total of $750.86; in addition, the boys basketball team held a Pink Out Night at their home opener, collecting $752.15 for the Young Women’s Brest Cancer Research Program; and finally, through the end of December, anyone may bring canned goods for admission into AHS basketball games with all donations going to the Affton Elks.