Kindergarten children may be enrolled for kindergarten for the 2012/13 school year if the child will have reached the age of 5 years on or before July 31, 2012.
Affton offers Full-day kindergarten, at no cost, to all students meeting the State of Missouri age requirement. The District no longer offers half-day Kindergarten.
Mesnier Primary School accepts student enrollment daily from 7:00 am until 2:30 pm in the Main Office. Please allow 30 to 60 minutes to enroll/register your child(ren).
At the time of registration, the applicant is asked to:
1. Bring the child’s Bureau of Vital Statistics Birth Certificate
(hospital or baptismal certificates, passports and I-94 cards are NOT acceptable)
2. Bring proof of residence, which include any of the following:
– current real estate tax receipt
– contract on house
– lease agreement on a house or apartment
– current personal property tax receipt
– most recent income tax return
3. Missouri State law requires students to have all immunizations before they may be allowed to start school. A child’s enrollment will not be complete until the school nurse has received a record of all required immunuzations.
4. Bring the child’s Social Security Number.
5. If the child’s parents are divorced, a copy of the dissolution decree, which states custody rights, must be provided.
6. The parent must bring the proof of residence, immunization record and official birth certificate or the child CANNOT be registered.
7. Parents of Kindergarten students will have the opportunity to select a date for a Kindergarten screening which will be held at Mesnier from 8:30am to 3:00pm on April 20.
Early Childhood Program
Before- and after-school childcare takes place at Mesnier Primary School. The tuition-based program is offered from 6:30am to the start of school and from the end of school until 6pm. Children can choose from a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
Parents may choose to have their children attend:
– from two to five days per week and
– before school, after school or both.
For rates and more information, contact Carol Loehr at 314-633-5905.