We are excited to announce that all Affton High School Juniors will have the opportunity to take the ACT Test – free of charge! All Missouri secondary public schools will be administering the ACT on Tuesday, April 28th during the school day. The purpose of this letter is to inform you and your student(s) of this tremendous opportunity, inform you of a series of optional Parent Meetings, and to provide details on the test schedule and talking points on important regulations and procedures with your student(s).
Given that this will be first time that the ACT will be administered during the school day, a series of optional parent meetings will be offered. Stephanie True, Affton School District Curriculum, Assessment, & PD Coordinator, Tim Luecke, High School Assistant Principal, and Heather Mayfield, High School Counselor will be present and will provide parents the opportunity to ask additional questions regarding the testing process and test administration. Here are the dates & times:
- 2/19/15 (Affton High School Library) 6:30pm – 7:30pm + Formal Presentation @ 7pm
- 2/25/15 (Affton High School South Assembly Hall) 8:00am – 9:00am
- 2/26/15 (Affton High School South Assembly Hall) 1:00pm – 2:00pm
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
Students will report to school at their normal time. To comply with ACT testing standards, testing must be the FIRST activity of the day. To accomplish this task, Affton High School will run a special schedule designed to accommodate ACT testing requirements. Juniors will report to a series of predetermined classrooms and follow the required ACT testing schedule. This schedule is strictly enforced by ACT and must be followed to ensure test security & score validity. Juniors will eat lunch at the conclusion of ACT testing. This will be the only activity the Junior class will engage in on April 28th. If your student has an IEP or 504 plan, ACT will determine what, if any, accommodations will be permitted; however, we may not receive notification from ACT of approved accommodations until early April. Once this occurs, case managers will be notified and share approved accommodation information with parents.
IMPORTANT TEST DAY TALKING POINTS
We want all of our Juniors to be prepared for the testing date. Here is a list of important talking points that we would like to make you aware of for April 28. We would appreciate your support with these items as the test date approaches.
- Students should be well rested and on time. Late arrivals will not be allowed to test – per ACT.
- Students must have a photo ID to be admitted to test (School ID, State ID, or Driver’s License).
- Students should bring two sharpened #2 pencils (NO mechanical pencils) & a magic rub eraser.
- Students should bring a calculator, but it must ACT approved. Please consult ACT’s webpage for additional information: http://www.actstudent.org/faq/calculator.html
- Cell phones/electronic devices, headphones, and reading materials are not permitted during testing.
We look forward to working together with you as we continue to prepare for the April test date. We encourage you to attend one of the three meeting dates listed, but if you are unable to attend please feel free to contact either
Mr. Luecke or Mrs. Mayfield by phone: 314-638-6330 or via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.