Affton School District utilizes the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents on emergencies, news, events and activities.
The District has used a similar system in the past, but switched to SchoolMessenger for its many enhancements and tools, including the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter:
- Available online, and the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter app is available for iPhone and Android.
- Gives you the power to manage your contact information.
- Allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted for various types of messages. You can select how you want to receive certain messages. Up to eight telephone numbers, five email addresses and five text message numbers can be entered into the contact system.
- Works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
- In order to utilize InfoCenter, you must have an e-mail address on file with your child’s school; if you need to provide an e-mail address, or are unsure if you have already provided an e-mail address, please contact your child’s school.
Please Note: You do not have to sign-up for SchoolMessenger’s InfoCenter portal. The contact information you have already given your child’s school will automatically be used for notifications. InfoCenter simply gives you the power to set preferences and review messages.
How do I sign up for InfoCenter? Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district, follow these three steps:
- Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal by clicking here.
- Click the New User button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
- After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
Text Message Opt-In
In order to receive texts about emergencies or events at your child’s school, simply text the word YES to 67587 from each wireless device on which you would like to receive text messages.
Text message costs are not paid by Affton School District. Please check with your phone service provider for possible charges.