In March of 2006, the Affton School District established a local Wellness Policy. The primary goals of the Affton School District Wellness Program are as follows:
- Promote student health;
- Reduce student obesity;
- Facilitate student learning of lifelong, healthy habits and
- Increase student achievement.
Through this policy, the Affton School District provides nutrition guidelines, recommended physical activity during the school day, and opportunities for students to participate in additional afterschool sponsored physical activities.
The goals set forth by the District Wellness Committee for 2014-15 are as follows:
- Complete the School Wellness Inventory template in as much detail as possible.
- Revise the Wellness Program webpage on the district website and update the content in an effort to better communication health and wellness information to stakeholders.
- Communicate to stakeholders changes/updates to federal, state, and local laws/policies.
Affton School District Wellness Policy and Procedure
Health and Wellness Resources
District Wellness Committee Information
Dr. Travis Bracht, Assistant Superintendent
Members: Kathy Beezley, Amanda Bunn, Sue Casaleggi, Kathy Christ, Ellen Cillo, Rebecca Collier, Courtney Corbett, Rose Davis, Mitchell Dohle, Melissa Eckhard, Karen Laubert, Justine Pipitone, Jenny Stark, John Weiler, Jeff Wulfert